[net.micro.atari16] ST Developer's Kit

didier@lasso.UUCP (10/02/86)

I work in France, but would like to use the developer's kit distributed in the
US, partly because I suspect it'll be more up-to-date than its French peer, and
mainly because I'd rather use the same documents as everybody else on this net.

If somebody from Atari is reading this (the ubiquitous Neil Harris ?), maybe
he/she can tell me if there's anything that says I can't do that (e.g. register
as a developer in the US and develop in France). If there isn't, I would greatly
appreciate an address (on my knees for a Telex number), pricing data ($300 +
shipping ?) and an account number of some sort (to send the money to; wouldn't
be personal money, the order would go through a company).

Help, this is urgent, my 1040 needs it !

Technical Q.: is it possible to bypass all the sound generation hardware on the
              Yamaha chip, and access directly the D/A converter ? If so, at
              which addresses do the appropriate registers live ?

Didier Giralt

LAAS-CNRS
7 av du Colonel Roche
31077 Toulouse Cedex
France

..!mcvax!inria!lasso!didier

neil@atari.UUcp (Neil Harris) (10/06/86)

In article <8609301756.AA11996@inria.UUCP>, didier@lasso.UUCP writes:
> I work in France, but would like to use the developer's kit distributed in
> the US.

The telex number for Atari US is 172508 ATARICHQ SUVL

Contact Cindy Clavernan.  The price is still $300 but she will have to tell
you what shipping costs to add.

I doubt there's any difference between the US kit and the one in France, but
it's your nickle.

Ubiquitously,

--
--->Neil @ Atari

...{hoptoad, lll-lcc, pyramid, imagen, sun}!atari!neil

BIX: neilharris		CIS: 70007,1135		Delphi: NEILHARRIS
GENIE: nharris		WELL: neil		Atari Corp. BBS 408-745-5308

US Mail: Atari Corp.
         1196 Borregas Ave.
         Sunnyvale, CA 94086

"I'm a 20th century man but I don't want to die here." -- Ray Davies