[net.micro.atari16] Detailed Documentation

stuart@rochester.ARPA (10/03/86)

From: Stuart Friedberg  <stuart>

This is a question which can only be answered by "the voice of Atari"
concerning the for-retail-sale documentation that was expected to be
available around the end of the year.

Does this documentation make the documentation of the developer's kit
redundant?  I need documentation of everything from the programmer's
interface to GEM and TOS down to the magic hardware addresses and
disk formats.  If the "Table of Contents" of these books (I assume
there will be at least 4) could be distributed here, it would help
making decisions about whether to wait another 3 months or not.

If the retail documentation does NOT cover all of this stuff, I'm going
to (have to) pay the $50 to become a registered developer and the $300
for the developer's kit.  However, except for the documentation, I
don't especially want or need anything in the developer's kit.

I realize the developer's kit has lots of tools and software.  I am
working primarily with Mark William's C and OS-9, so most of those
tools aren't very helpful.  Most of the rest, I can write myself.  (I
wrote over 60,000 lines of software this year; a little work doesn't
bother me)

Stu Friedberg  {seismo, allegra}!rochester!stuart  stuart@rochester

neil@atari.UUcp (Neil Harris) (10/06/86)

In article <21268@rochester.ARPA>, stuart@rochester.ARPA writes:
> From: Stuart Friedberg  <stuart>
>
> This is a question which can only be answered by "the voice of Atari"
> concerning the for-retail-sale documentation that was expected to be
> available around the end of the year.
>
> Does this documentation make the documentation of the developer's kit
> redundant?

Yes, it is a complete rewrite of everything in the developers documentation.

> If the retail documentation does NOT cover all of this stuff, I'm going
> to (have to) pay the $50 to become a registered developer and the $300
> for the developer's kit.

What $50?  There is no separate $50 fee, just the $300 for the kit.

--
--->Neil @ Atari

...{hoptoad, lll-lcc, pyramid, imagen, sun}!atari!neil

BIX: neilharris		CIS: 70007,1135		Delphi: NEILHARRIS
GENIE: nharris		WELL: neil		Atari Corp. BBS 408-745-5308

US Mail: Atari Corp.
         1196 Borregas Ave.
         Sunnyvale, CA 94086

"I'm a 20th century man but I don't want to die here." -- Ray Davies