[net.micro.atari16] Inquire on music player

STO9719@RITVAXC.BITNET (10/06/86)

Hello,  I was wondering if there is any music studio song players
available similar to the Sid player for the C64.  I just want to
download ".sng" files from the local BBS and play them with out
needing the music studio package.

                     ---- Steve Organek@RITVAXA.BITNET

sansom@trwrb.UUCP (Richard Sansom) (10/07/86)

In article <8610061825.AA20912@ucbvax> STO9719@RITVAXC.BITNET writes:
>Hello,  I was wondering if there is any music studio song players
>available similar to the Sid player for the C64.  I just want to
>download ".sng" files from the local BBS and play them with out
>needing the music studio package.

Last xmas a midi/graphics demo was posted on Compuserve which sounds like
it might fit your needs.  I'm not sure what the name was, but I think it was
alite.prg.  There were also 6 or 7 xmas songs and pictures posted to go with
the demo (available as 1alite.sng/1alite.pic, 2alite.sng/2alite.pic, etc.).
You should be able to rename any .sng file nalite.sng (where "n" is a number
from 1 to 9) along with a corresponding nalite.pic and have alite.prg play
it back for you through your synth.  Does this make sense?   Anyway, if
you like, I'll post my copy along with a couple of .sng/.pic files to
get you started.

-Rich

--