Date: 15 September 86 09:56-PST
From: KJBSF@SLACVM
To: INFO-ATARI16@SCORE
Subject: Re: ATARI BBS

Date: 15 September 1986, 09:54:36 PST
From: Kevin J. Burnett          x3330                <KJBSF@SLACVM>
To:   <Info-Atari16@SCORE.STANFORD>

I have managed to connect to the Atari BBS at 745-5308 great;  Last night I
had a problem though, which was due to the board having crashed.  Maybe that
was the problem?

MCOHAN@UMass.BITNET (Michael Cohan, U of Mass/Amherst) (09/15/86)

> Is there some kind of trick to log onto the ATARI BBS?  I can CONNECT, but
> then there is no response.

   I've gotten on it with no trouble, most of the time.  However, on quite
a few occasions, I've had the problem you describe-- a connect, then nothing.
It happens maybe 1/4 of the time.  It's gotta be a problem at Atari's end,
since I call all sorts of other BBS's with no problems.

Michael P. Cohan     MCOHAN@UMASS.BITNET

neil@atari.UUcp (Neil Harris) (09/16/86)

In article <8609151422.AA00244@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, kushnier@NADC writes:

> Is there some kind of trick to log onto the ATARI BBS?  I can CONNECT, but
> then there is no response.  I've tried RETURN and several Control characters
> without success.
>
>               ATARI BBS 408-745-4758

Occasionally we have a glitch and you won't be able to get through.  We check
the BBS at least once per business day, so the answer is to try again the
next day and you ought to get through.

By the way, the main number for the Atari Base BBS is 408-745-5308.  The
number you listed is the 3rd of 5 lines.  When the board is busy, calling
the main number gives you 5 chances to get through.  The 3rd number will
ignore the first two so you only have 3 chances.
--
--->Neil @ Atari

...lll-crg!vecpyr!atari!neil   or ...lll-lcc!vecpyr!atari!neil

BIX: neilharris		CIS: 70007,1135		Delphi: NEILHARRIS
GENIE: nharris		WELL: neil		Atari Corp. BBS 408-745-5308

US Mail: Atari Corp.
         1196 Borregas Ave.
         Sunnyvale, CA 94086

"I'm a 20th century man but I don't want to die here." -- Ray Davies

appelbau@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Marc L. Appelbaum) (10/09/86)

I seem to have misplaced the number of Atari's BBS in Calif. Also is
it possible for somebody to post to the net a listing of both the 8
and 16 bit software on Atari Base.
--
Marc L. Appelbaum
Arpa: appelbau@blue.RUTGERS.EDU