[net.micro.atari16] UNITERM problems

Flash@UMass.BITNET (Rick Flashman) (10/09/86)

Hello,

   I had the same problem with UNITERM. I UUDECODED it, and when it
runs without the RSC it runs fine, and tells me BYE,BYE. But with it,
it freezes up, and after loading, I end up looking at a desktop screen
with UNITERM.PRG written at the top. Any ideas?

Rick

Lynn%PANDA@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU (Lynn Gold) (10/09/86)

I had the same problems with Uniterm that Rick Flashman had
(where it ran fine without the RSC and gives me two bombs if
I boot it with the RSC file).

Could it be that the RSC file got garbaged somehow?

--Lynn

P.S.--Has anyone out there gotten this version of Uniterm to work?
-------

beatyr@pur-ee.UUCP (Robert Beaty) (10/10/86)

<<<<<>>>>>

  I would like to throw in my additional note that when I try to run
it on a TOS in ROM 520 I get 3 bombs, but with TOS in RAM I get >5
mushroom clouds. I checked the file sizes and the decoding (the
keyboard mapping program that came with it works fine).
  Maybe a re-posting would be in order? A fix to the uuencoded
files?

			Bob
----------
   ... ihnp4!pur-ee!beatyr      <- usenet
  ... beatyr@ed.ecn.purdue.edu  <- arpa-net
   ... beatyr@pur-ee.UUCP       <- UUCP
----------

bammi@cwruecmp.UUCP (Jwahar R. Bammi) (10/10/86)

Exactly the same symptoms here in the rock and roll capital of the world.

--
usenet: .....!decvax!cwruecmp!bammi		jwahar r. bammi
csnet:       bammi@case

jimomura@lsuc.UUCP (Jim Omura) (10/12/86)

In article <861009090656.000024EA.CALU.MA@UMass> Flash@UMass.BITNET (Rick Flashman) writes:
>Hello,
>
>   I had the same problem with UNITERM. I UUDECODED it, and when it
>runs without the RSC it runs fine, and tells me BYE,BYE. But with it,
>it freezes up, and after loading, I end up looking at a desktop screen
>with UNITERM.PRG written at the top. Any ideas?

     I decoded it last night and it didn't run.  The ending of the
encode looks a bit funny to me.  The last line didn't start with
an 'M' like the rest.  I haven't looked over my UUDECODE source
lately, but I wonder if it has any error checking at all?  If not,
then the last line (or more) could have been trash.  My decoded
object ended up a bit bigger than the original at that.

Cheers! -- Jim O.
--
James Omura, Barrister & Solicitor, Toronto
ihnp4!utzoo!lsuc!jimomura