[net.micro.atari16] kilo khars of krap

braner@batcomputer.TN.CORNELL.EDU (braner) (10/16/86)

In article <12246680556.26.EGK@OZ.AI.MIT.EDU> "Edjik" writes:

> ... getting sick of getting many masgs of
>tens of kilo chars in size of ... (programs)
>
> ... My poor mail file blows up and chokes MM more frequently with such
>stuff...  It used to be
>considered anti-social to send such masssive files unsolicited...

I here apologize to anybody who was inconvenienced.

The real problem, though, is with your mail system: every person on the
machine, subscribing to the same stuff, gets a personal copy mailed,
and has to edit it with a text editor to read it.  As I use a nifty
program to sort this stuff out and read SOME, and the (UN*X) system
here gets just one copy of each, the other method seems, well...

Complain to your system administrators!  I believe it is possible
to achieve modest levels of convenience even on HAL machines!

- Moshe Braner

(apologies to anybody who will make less money if these suggestions
will be acted upon :-)