moore@ncsc.arpa

braner@batcomputer.TN.CORNELL.EDU (braner) (10/15/86)

[]

I keep getting things "rejected, discarded" from ubc at csnet.relay
and/or 'CDN-gateway' - I suspect it is stuff I sent to the net.
It just says "time expired".  What does that mean?

- Moshe Braner

In article <1212@batcomputer.TN.CORNELL.EDU> braner@batcomputer.UUCP (braner) writes:
>[]
>
>I keep getting things "rejected, discarded" from ubc at csnet.relay
>and/or 'CDN-gateway' - I suspect it is stuff I sent to the net.
>It just says "time expired".  What does that mean?
>
>- Moshe Braner

It probably means that net.micro.atari is being gatewayed into a mailing list
on some other network.  When one of the (typically) many sites on such a
mailing list is down or otherwise inaccessable, some of the problem messages
work their way back to the originator.

Actually they should be going to the mailing list or gateway coordinator,
and can usually be ignored...

--
George Robbins - now working for,	uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!grr