[net.micro.atari16] Megamax C bug

mgr@pixar.UUCP (Michael Griffin Russell) (10/23/86)

The following causes my recently purchased Megamax C to crash:

struct i {
	unsigned short j;
};
main(){}

Remove the unsigned or the short and everything is hunky-dory.  Can
anyone else verify this problem?  Please mail directly to me rather
than to the net and I'll post a summary if appropriate.

Nonetheless, I recommend Megamax C and its documentation very highly.

While I'm at it - the Beckenmeyer Micro C Shell ($50) is hot stuff
as well.  People who are used to BSD unix will find it a familiar
and rich environment - history substitution, aliases, smart shell
scripts, and a lot more.  Micro Tools, at $24, is well worth it.

bammi@cwruecmp.UUCP (Jwahar R. Bammi) (10/24/86)

In article <175@pixar.UUCP> mgr@pixar.UUCP (Michael Griffin Russell) writes:
>The following causes my recently purchased Megamax C to crash:

>struct i {
>	unsigned short j;
	Both Megamax and Lattice treat unsigned as a type rather than
a type modifier. I think your problem is stemming from this (yet another
custom interpertation of C) assumption.

--
usenet: .....!decvax!cwruecmp!bammi		jwahar r. bammi
csnet:       bammi@case