[net.micro.atari16] LARN

rwb@druxu.UUCP (BlackR) (09/11/86)

I have ported LARN version 12.0 to the ST and am ready to distribute it.
Because the .ttp file is 170K plus another 30K or so for support files, I
am going to avoid posting it to the net (however, if someone else wants to
risk the wrath of irate administrators and people who don't have uudecode,
compress, sq, or whatever, I won't object).  So, here is how I'll handle
it.  Send me a disk and return address and I'll copy it for you.  If you
want the sources (compiles under Lattice C) send another disk (or if you
have a double sided drive and I can convince my office partner to copy
it, a double sided disk will hold both the compiled and source files).

LARN is an adventure game (much like HACK, but different). It easily
fits in a 512K ST with one single sided drive.  Since it doesn't create
intermediate files (like HACK), one doesn't need a RAMdisk or anything
special to play.

I also have HACK and can distribute it, but have not done any changes
for several months.

Rodney Black
149 South Carter Court
Louisville, CO 80027
..!ihnp4!druxu!rwb

etu@fingate.BITNET (Esa Turtiainen) (10/18/86)

More fire to dicussion about program postings:

Should I send uuencoded LARN?  Rather many people
from ARPA has asked this from me.

Esa Turtiainen
Helsinki Univ. of Technology
ETU@FINGATE.BITNET   (UNIX 4.2)
LK-ET@FINHUTC.BITNET (VM/SP)

turner@imagen.UUCP (D'arc Angel) (10/19/86)

> More fire to dicussion about program postings:
>
> Should I send uuencoded LARN?  Rather many people
> from ARPA has asked this from me.
>
> Esa Turtiainen
> Helsinki Univ. of Technology
> ETU@FINGATE.BITNET   (UNIX 4.2)
> LK-ET@FINHUTC.BITNET (VM/SP)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\ lineater, \~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

as some people may have noticed i am setting up mod.sources.atari16,
to that end i would appreciate it if people could start sending me
sources, binaries and DOCUMENTATION so that i can start filling
up the library. for now mail them to the address in my signature

A t D h V a A n N k C s E

--
----
		These are days for the locust to eat

Name:	James M. Turner
Mail:	Imagen Corp. 2650 San Tomas Expressway, P.O. Box 58101
        Santa Clara, CA 95052-8101
AT&T:	(408) 986-9400
UUCP:	...{decvax,ucbvax}!decwrl!imagen!turner
CompuServe: 76327,1575
GEnie     : D-ARCANGEL

dmb6863@ritcv.UUCP (Infamous Card Shark) (10/21/86)

In article <8610172222.AA17261@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> etu@fingate.BITNET (Esa Turtiainen) writes:

>More fire to dicussion about program postings:
>
>Should I send uuencoded LARN?  Rather many people
>from ARPA has asked this from me.
>
>Esa Turtiainen
>Helsinki Univ. of Technology
>ETU@FINGATE.BITNET   (UNIX 4.2)
>LK-ET@FINHUTC.BITNET (VM/SP)

	Please POST!!!!!!

						Dudley Bertram.

simon@einode.UUCP (Simon Kenyon) (10/22/86)

> Should I send uuencoded LARN?  Rather many people
> from ARPA has asked this from me.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
send the diffs to the original source
this net costs a lot of money, why spend more than we need to
--
Simon Kenyon
EUnet: simon@einode.UUCP

gordon@sage.cs.reading.ac.uk (Simon Gordon) (10/23/86)

In article <8610172222.AA17261@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> etu@fingate.BITNET (Esa Turtiainen) writes:
>Should I send uuencoded LARN?  Rather many people

pes@bath63.UUCP (Paul Smee) (10/25/86)

YES YES YES YES YES

Sorry, a lot of us (I expect) don't have the original (or any other)
source, and don't have access to the source archives (wherever they
are).  Or, someone tell me who I can send some blank disks and money
to for an M-mail copy of LARN...