[net.micro.atari16] Uniterm 1.5c

jimomura@lsuc.UUCP (Jim Omura) (10/18/86)

     The recent posting of Uniterm 1.5C didn't make it to our site.  ARC
unpacked the 1st file but choked on the .PRG file.  I don't know for sur
at this point what went wrong but I expect it was a truncated message.

Cheers! -- Jim O.
--
James Omura, Barrister & Solicitor, Toronto
ihnp4!utzoo!lsuc!jimomura

Lynn%PANDA@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU (Lynn Gold) (10/20/86)

The ARC file unpacked fine, and the program booted on my b&w monitor.
Unfortunately, no matter what I clicked to be the proper buffer size,
I then got two cherry bombs (bus error).

--Lynn
-------

Flash@UMass.BITNET (Rick Flashman) (10/21/86)

I am getting tired of these networks. My copy did not work, after all
the undecoding, ARC decided I had a bad header. Could someone post
UNITERM.ARC to a BBS *anywhere* in the Continental US? Atari BBS is
more than fine. From there, others like myself will be able to download
it and un-arc it. (Be sure to leave a copy of ARC at the BBS where you
upload it, if they don't have it there) Thanks.
Rick

atwell@utah-cs.UUCP (Bart L. Atwell) (10/21/86)

In article <12248365769.8.LYNN@PANDA> Lynn%PANDA@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU (Lynn Gold) writes:
>The ARC file unpacked fine, and the program booted on my b&w monitor.
>Unfortunately, no matter what I clicked to be the proper buffer size,
>I then got two cherry bombs (bus error).

I got three bombs (mushroom).  Could this be the configuration of my system?
I have TOS in RAM on a 520ST.

Bart

loerke@infbs.UUCP (10/23/86)

On UniTerm 1.5c and bombs:

We have tried to run uniterm (hardware: 520st+, 1meg, 20MB harddisk)
with GDOS loaded at boot time --> bombs. Then we cancelled GDOS,
and voila, it works fine.

On uniterm: the best terminal emulator i have seen till now. Great Job, Simon.

Tschuess,
	Achim

-----
Achim Loerke, TU Braunschweig, Institut f. Theoretische Informatik, FRG
UUCP: loerke@infbs or ...{seismo|mcvax}!unido!infbs!loerke
BITNET/EARN/NORTHNET/GULFNET: loerke at dbsinf6
DARPA: loerke%infbs.uucp@seismo.css.gov

demillo@uwmacc.UUCP (Rob DeMillo) (10/27/86)

In article <12100003@infbs.UUCP> loerke@infbs.UUCP writes:
>On UniTerm 1.5c and bombs:
>
>We have tried to run uniterm (hardware: 520st+, 1meg, 20MB harddisk)
>with GDOS loaded at boot time --> bombs. Then we cancelled GDOS,
>and voila, it works fine.
>
>On uniterm: the best terminal emulator i have seen till now. Great Job, Simon.

That's because Simon didn't have access to GDOS. (Atari: hint,hint,hint...)

--
                           --- Rob DeMillo
                               Madison Academic Computer Center

	usenet: {ihnp4,harvard,seismo,topaz,decvax}!uwvax!uwmacc!demillo
	ARPA:   demillo@unix.macc.wisc.edu    (now isn't that easier?)

	"I am not so sure
	 what you want me for!			'War Games'
	 Either your machine is a 		   - Crosby, Stills and Nash
	 fool, or me..."