[net.micro.atari16] alite.prg problems

sansom@trwrb.UUCP (Richard Sansom) (10/22/86)

In article <1351@lsuc.UUCP> jimomura@lsuc.UUCP (Jim Omura) writes:

>     As far as I can tell, my copy of 'alite' arrived intact.  At least it
>un ARC'ed.  But when I tried to run it (without a MIDI module attached--
>just to see if it worked) it loaded and then just seemed to return to the
>desktop without displaying the picture.  Is this right?  There were no
>bombs, just nothing.

Alite does not work on monochrome systems (I should have stated this
fact when I posted the beast).  If you have a color system, then be sure
to extract both 1alite.pic and 1alite.sng and store them on the same disk
as alite.prg.

-Rich

--
 __________ ______ ____ _____ ___
/_________//___   ||__|/____|/__/   Richard E. Sansom

jimomura@lsuc.UUCP (10/28/86)

In article <1372@trwrb.UUCP> sansom@trwrb.UUCP (Richard Sansom) writes:

>Alite does not work on monochrome systems (I should have stated this
>fact when I posted the beast).  If you have a color system, then be sure
>to extract both 1alite.pic and 1alite.sng and store them on the same disk
>as alite.prg.

     Actually, the problem wasn't monochrome, but some kind of conflict
with the 512K RAM Disk I was using on my 1040ST.  It's definitely the
*presence* of the RAM disk since it makes no difference whether I run from
the floppy or the RAM Disk.  It doesn't work either way.  If I boot without
the RAM Disk, 'alite' works fine.

Cheers! -- Jim O.

--
James Omura, Barrister & Solicitor, Toronto
ihnp4!utzoo!lsuc!jimomura