[net.micro.atari16] ST problems

c9c-bg@buddy.Berkeley.EDU (James A. Landay) (10/31/86)

Has anyone had the problem of their ST upon booting (TOS in ROM) saying
that every disk was empty. (i.e. 0K in 0 folders).  Mine is doing this.
I have a single sided drive.
Help!!!

James Landay
c9c-bg@buddy.berkeley.edu

csan@its63b.ed.ac.uk (Andie) (11/04/86)

In article <758@zen.BERKELEY.EDU> c9c-bg@buddy.Berkeley.EDU (James A. Landay) writes:
>Has anyone had the problem of their ST upon booting (TOS in ROM) saying
>that every disk was empty. (i.e. 0K in 0 folders).  Mine is doing this.
>I have a single sided drive.
>Help!!!
>

>James Landay
>c9c-bg@buddy.berkeley.edu

I had a lot of trouble with this when I had my TOS on disk . I had 2 versions ..
A UK version and the usual US version . Some files ,in particular folders , were
deemed to be empty by the US version if they were created in the UK version .
Top level directories were ok but any sub-dir was empty according to the US one.
UK reading US created disks had no problems ....!
Dunno if this is any help but here goes anyway .

Andrew Ness . Department of Computer Science
              EDINBURGH University.

                   ARPA:  csan%ed.itspna@ucl-cs.arpa
                   UUCP:  ...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!itspna!csan
                   JANET: csan@uk.ac.ed.itspna