[net.micro.atari16] New ST models?

milo@ndmath.UUCP (Greg Corson) (11/03/86)

There was a short note in this month's BYTE magazine mentioning that Atari had
released a 2 and 4 megabyte version of the ST in europe somewhere.  Does anyone
out there (ATARI??) have some more information on this?  The new machine was
said to have a bit-blit chip.  I would be very interested to know if there
are any new graphics modes with more colors/higher resolutions.

Greg Corson
{pur-ee,seismo}!iuvax!kangaro!milo

neil@atari.UUcp (Neil Harris) (11/07/86)

In article <154@ndmath.UUCP>, milo@ndmath.UUCP (Greg Corson) writes:
> There was a short note in this month's BYTE magazine mentioning that Atari
> had released a 2 and 4 megabyte version of the ST in europe somewhere.
> Does anyone out there (ATARI??) have some more information on this?  The
> new machine was said to have a bit-blit chip.  I would be very interested
> to know if there are any new graphics modes with more colors/higher
> resolutions.

No word will be forthcoming on hardware products until they pass FCC.

The blit chip (which will be available as a ~$120 upgrade to older ST's)
will not add new resolutions -- it is not an upgrade to the video shifter,
it is a chip chich performs bit block memory transfers.

--
--->Neil @ Atari

...{hoptoad, lll-lcc, pyramid, imagen, sun}!atari!neil

BIX: neilharris		CIS: 70007,1135		Delphi: NEILHARRIS
GENIE: nharris		WELL: neil		Atari Corp. BBS 408-745-5308

US Mail: Atari Corp.
         1196 Borregas Ave.
         Sunnyvale, CA 94086

"I'm a 20th century man but I don't want to die here." -- Ray Davies