[net.lang.c++] BSD header files/using sdb or dbx

josw@boring.uucp (Jos Warmer) (03/20/86)

Hello out there,
  this is the first time I post something to the net, so I hope
this will reach you.

We just got c++ on our 4*BSD system.
I have tried several programs and I found some problems / questions.

1. The c++ distibution contains no header files for BSD systems.
   Are there people out there using c++ on BSD systems ?
   If anyone has created several header files for BSD systems I am
   interested in a copy of them. Mail them to me, or send them to the
   net. It would save me (and others) a lot of work.

2. Has anyone created usefull c++ libraries. They could be very usefull to
   use and to see a lot of example programs.

3. A question to Bjarne Stroustrup.
   Sometimes it is usefull to use a debugger like sdb or dbx, e.g.
   for analysing core dumps. With c++ this is a problem.
   The c++ compiler generates different C names for procedures, variables
   and stuctures. I guess there is a methodological way in which
   they are named. Is there a document describing the relation
   between c++ names and the corresponding C names? This will make
   it possible to use sdb or dbx.

                                     Jos Warmer
--
	Jack Jansen, jack@mcvax.UUCP
	The shell is my oyster.

weber@encore.UUCP (Fred Weber) (05/20/86)

In article <6833@boring.UUCP> josw@mcvax.UUCP (Jos Warmer) writes:

>We just got c++ on our 4*BSD system.
>I have tried several programs and I found some problems / questions.
>
>1. The c++ distibution contains no header files for BSD systems.
>   Are there people out there using c++ on BSD systems ?
>
>2. Has anyone created usefull c++ libraries. They could be very usefull to
>   use and to see a lot of example programs.

I am most interested in all these questions.  All those of you tempted to
respond to them by direct mail, please post your responses, or send them to
me.  I will summarize.

Fred Weber
Encore Computer Corp.
617 - 460 - 0500 x 503