[net.sf-lovers] SF-LOVERS Digest V10 #247

JAFFE@RUTGERS.ARPA (07/08/85)

From: Bard Bloom <BARD@MIT-XX.ARPA>

FIRTH@TL-20B.ARPA writes
> First, the meaning of Canonical.  Since we are not engaged in a
> religious discussion, I assume the intended meaning is

(-8 Well, maybe not a *Roman Catholic* religious discussion.  8-)

I thought that the list was supposed to contain the books that most sf fans
have read and found good (for whatever reason); the books that every sf fan
should have read; the books that non-sf critics of sf should read before
they start flaming or writing critical histories (Anyone else tired of
arguing with people who have read only _The_Space_Vampires_ and
_The_Purple_Cloud_ and decided that all sf is like them?); and have
suggestions of good books that some of us have missed.

-------

JAFFE@RUTGERS.ARPA (07/08/85)

From: Evan Kirshenbaum <evan@SU-CSLI.ARPA>

>Nuclear Aftermath: Miller, A Canticle for Leibowitz
>                   Stewart, Earth Abides

Actually, if I remember correctly, Earth_Abides was about the aftermath
of a biological, rather than nuclear disaster.

Evan Kirshenbaum
ARPA:  evan@csli.arpa
UUCP:  ...!ucbvax!shasta!amadeus!evan
-------