Date: Wed, 21 Jan 87 13:58:39 GMT
From: mcvax!CZHRZU1A.bitnet!K538911
Subject: A resonable editor for OS9?

We are looking for a better editor for our OS-9/68k systems than SCRED,
typically a implementation of uEmacs would be good enough. Does anybody
have the sources or uuencoded executable and would be nice enough to
e-mail them us?

 Patrik Eschle & Simon Poole
 E-Mail    :  K538911 at CZHRZU1A.BITNET
 Private   :  Winterthurerstr. 529, CH-8051 Zuerich (Switzerland)
              Phone : 1-40 72 39
 Institute :  Physikinstitut der Universitaet Zuerich
              Schoenberggasse 9, CH-8001 Zuerich
              Phone : 1-257 29 11

Date: 14 Jan 87 17:54:00 GMT
------------------------------

From: pete@wlbreng1.UUCP (Pete Lyall)
Subject: OS9/68000 for Atari ST

Well, well....

It appears that TLM going out of business turned out to be a
pseudo-blessing for the OS9/68000 users on the ATARI ST. The following
is a message left by Microware's (authors of OS9) Bill Moore on
CompuServe:

#: 38868 S13/Atari ST
    12-Jan-87  10:48:41
Sb: Atari OS9 Support
Fm: B. Moore 73105,1265
To: All
.
MICROWARE ASSUMES SUPPORT OF OS-9/68000
FOR ATARI 520 AND 1040 ST PERSONAL COMPUTERS
.
Microware Systems Corporation will assume support for the Atari
ST version of OS-9/68000 Operating System.  This software was
previously distributed by TLM Systems Inc., which has apparently
ceased doing business.  Microware will provide interim support to
users who previously obtained the software from TLM.
.
Microware also plans to introduce Personal OS-9 Version 2.0 for
the Atari ST in the near future.  This will be marketed directly
by Microware to Atari dealers and end-users.  Those who
previously purchased the TLM package will be offered an
opportunity to upgrade at minimal cost.
.
In order to qualify for interim support service and the future
upgrade, Atari ST users should register with Microware as soon as
possible.  As proof of purchase, both of the following items
should be sent to Microware:
.
     (1)  The greyfront cover of the OS-9/68000 User's Manual,
.
     (2) A photocopy of the original OS-9 distribution diskette
    as supplied by TLM to the customer.
.
These should be mailed to:
.
     Microware Systems Corporation
     Customer Support Department
     1900 N.W. 114th Street
     Des Moines, Iowa 50322
.
Microware intends to very actively support the Atari ST community
in the future with a wide variety of advanced system software,
programming languages, and software tools.  We sincerely regret
any inconvenience the TLM situation may have caused to OS-9/Atari
ST Users.

                                                   Pete Lyall

Usenet:     {trwrb, scgvaxd, ihnp4, voder, vortex}!wlbr!wlbreng1!pete
Compuserve: 76703,4230 (OS9 SIG Sysop)
OS9 (home): (805)-985-0632 (24hr./1200 baud)
Phone:      (818)-706-5693 (work 9-5 PST)

-------------------------------------
The views expressed in OS-9 Discussions are those of the individual authors
only.
------
Moderator:  John Daleske   cbosgd!cbdkc1!daleske    daleske@cbdkc1.ATT.COM

Submissions should go to   cbosgd!os9               os9@cbosgd.ATT.COM