[net.sf-lovers] So maybe I do rant and rave a bit...

pugh@topaz.ARPA (07/01/85)

From: "pugh jon%b.mfenet"@LLL-MFE.ARPA

Concerning the Gen Roddenberry attempts at TV series (is that ALL he did?),
Majel was in just about every one of them.  She was in The Cage as Number One,
and in Star Trek as Nurse Chapel.  She was in the Questor Tapes as a doctor,
and she was in the occult show, Spectre, with Robert Culp.  I'm willing to
bet she was also in Genesis II and Planet Earth, but I haven't seen them
recently enough.  Gene seems to be the only person in the biz that thinks she
really is an actress.  How does the net feel?  Who can act better, her or
Barbara Bain?  And the big question is can either of them act?

( Just trying to start an argument )

Jon Pugh

brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown) (07/05/85)

In article <2462@topaz.ARPA> pugh@topaz.ARPA writes:
>From: "pugh jon%b.mfenet"@LLL-MFE.ARPA
>Concerning the Gen Roddenberry attempts at TV series (is that ALL he did?),
>nMajel was in just about all of them. I'm willing to bet she was also in Genesis II and Planet Earth, but I haven't seen them
>recently enough.  Gene seems to be the only person in the biz that thinks she
>really is an actress.  How does the net feel?  Who can act better, her or
>Barbara Bain?  And the big question is can either of them act?
>
>( Just trying to start an argument )

I wouldn't bet: I did see both Genesis II and Planet Earth for the first time
recently and there she was.  I don't think she's any good as an actress
myself, but can't compare to Bain.>

JAFFE@RUTGERS.ARPA (07/08/85)

From: utflis!brown (Susan Brown)