[mod.compilers] BASIC to C, PASCAL, or FORTRAN 77 translator.

	I would like to know if there is out there a translator that
translates MSBASIC programs for the IBM/compatible into PASCAL, Fortran77, or
C (preferably C). I am willing to pay the price of a commercial package if
it exists.
	Please E-mail, as I do not read these newsgroups regularly.  [Please
reply to him, not to compilers, unless of general interest -John]
	The BASIC I am using is MSBASIC, the version that works with
IBMs, I am also using a compiler rather than an interpreter.
	Please respond, because a 58K file is waiting to be useful.
	Thank you all.

Mazen MOKHTAR, harvard.edu!mimsy.umd.edu!gymble!jhunix!ins_ammm
--
Send compilers mail to ima!compilers or, in a pinch to Levine@YALE.EDU
Plausible paths are { ihnp4 | decvax | cbosgd | harvard | yale | bbncca}!ima

Please send responses to the originator of the message -- I cannot forward
mail accidentally sent back to compilers.  Meta-mail to ima!compilers-request

In article <251@ima.UUCP> you write:

>	I would like to know if there is out there a translator that
>translates MSBASIC programs for the IBM/compatible into PASCAL, Fortran77, or
>C (preferably C). I am willing to pay the price of a commercial package if
>it exists.

Try contacting Lambda Biosystems in a town whose name I cannot remember,
but it is near Denver, Colorado.  The man to talk to is Ron Brown.  We got
a AlphaBasic to UXBasic translator from him which saved us literally months
of work.  Ron has developed many more translators for many other languages.
In fact, he has been more successful writing translators lately than in
selling his medical application packages (well, don't hold me to that, I may
be mistaken).  At any rate, his translators have been in high demand and we
have given them good referrals.

I don't know their address, but their phone number is: 1-303-985-9964

|     Mark Steven Jeghers - the living incarnation of "Deep-Thought"         |
|     {ihnp4,cbosgd,lll-lcc,lll-crg}|{dual,ptsfa}!cogent!mark                |