[mod.recipes] RECIPE: Peachy BBQ spareribs

waynet@tolerant.UUCP (01/27/86)

.RH MOD.RECIPES-SOURCE PEACH-BBQ M "27 Oct 85"
.RZ "PEACHY BBQ RIBS" "Pork ribs in peach tomato barbecue sauce"
Moons ago my Mom made this for all us kids. Wouldn't eat it (ribs & peaches?
YUCHH!). Years (literally) passed. Well, if you hadn't guessed, when I tried
it, I decided to post it to the net (as soon as I grew up).

.IH "Serves 4 to 6"
.IG "3 lbs." "pork spareribs"
cut into serving-size pieces
.IG "2 tsp." "salt"
.IG "1 can" "peaches"
(cling peach halves, size #2.5 can)
.IG "1 Cup" "ketchup"
.IG "2 Tbsp." "worcestershire sauce"
.IG "1/4 Cup" "onions"
(chopped fine, or use 1 Tbsp. instant minced onions)
.IG "2 Tbsp." "flour"
(gravy flour works best)
.IG "2 Tbsp." "prepared mustard"
.IG "1/2 tsp." "cloves"
(Ground finely)
.IG "1/2 tsp." "pepper"
(fresh-ground black pepper is best)
.PH
.SK 1
Pre-heat oven to 375.
.SK 2
In shallow roasting pan, arrange ribs, meaty side
up; sprinkle with 1 tsp salt. Drain peaches, save syrup.
.SK 3
In saucepan, blend 1 cup of saved peach-packing syrup with ketchup,
worcestershire sauce, onion, flour, cloves, 1 tsp. salt, and pepper. Heat to
boiling; pour over ribs. Bake about 1 1/2 hr., or until fork tender, turning
once.
.SK 4
around ribs arrange peaches, bake about 5 mins. basting w/ sauce.
.WR
From: waynet@tolerant.UUCP (Wayne Thompson)
Date: 27 Oct 85 07:06:11 GMT