[mod.legal] EXAMPLE OF BIZARRENESS OF SUBJECT LINE

WOOD@HARVLAW1.BITNET (07/29/86)

Just for grins, I'm resending my message on THE APPARENT BITNET SUBJECT LINE
via a different gateway, WITH the headers of this message, as returned by
        1) our local bitnet mail handler, and
        2) the gateway I used in sending the first message
I hope this will illustrate the problem.

The original version, with header, was prepared by BMAIL.COM. My machine,
HARVLAW1.BITNET, is a VAX/VMS using the Jnet software (by Joiner Associates,
I believe) for our vms-bitnet interface. As you can see, it has a 'proper'
SMTP mail header. Neither it nor this message is double-spaced. I have
prefixed each line of the included messages with "> " for clarity.

I have added a few other notes at the end of this message.