[net.sf-lovers] The Kif Strike Back

mooremj@EGLIN-VAX (07/15/85)

From: mooremj@EGLIN-VAX

                 *** WARNING:  MINI-SPOILER AT END ***

> Date: Thu, 11 Jul 85 20:16 EST
> From: Andrew Sigel <sigel%umass-cs.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa>
> Subject: Re:  C. J. Cherryh's CHANUR'S VENTURE
>
> CHANUR'S VENTURE has been in print since mid-spring, but was
> retitled THE KIF STRIKE BACK.  The hardcover was published by
> Phantasia Press.  Those waiting for paperback will have to wait,
> probably until winter, for the DAW paperback.

NOT SO!  CHARNUR'S VENTURE was the 2nd book in the series (after THE PRIDE
OF CHANUR);  THE KIF STRIKE BACK is the 3rd book (whose title was thought
to be CHANUR'S REVENGE).  I just finished TKSB this weekend; for those who
read the first two books, it's a must.  I found it better than CV, maybe
even better than TPOC.  There's only one problem:

                         *** MINI-SPOILER ***

SHE DID IT TO US AGAIN!  At the end of CHANUR'S VENTURE, the action stopped
at a crucial point with the words "TO BE CONTINUED in CHANUR'S REVENGE".
In THE KIF STRIKE BACK, things were flying fast and heavy, when I found
myself on the last page with the words "TO BE CONTINUED in CHARUR'S HOME-
COMING".  What is this, adventure serials?  Once was irritating, but
twice in a row is damned inconsiderate!

                                    marty moore (mooremj@eglin-vax.arpa)