[ont.sf-lovers] The value of this group

tom@utcsri.UUCP (04/12/87)

For what it's worth, I think this newsgroup does serve a useful
purpose.
Cheers,
Robert J. Sawyer
--

					Tom Nadas

UUCP:   {decvax,linus,ihnp4,uw-beaver,allegra,utzoo}!utcsri!tom
CSNET:  tom@toronto

jimomura@lsuc.UUCP (04/17/87)

     Well, here's an Ontario specific posting for everybody.  I owe a
favour to Bjo Trimble (with whom I have the honor of communicating with
on BIX fairly frequently) and she has a desperate need to be invited
to the Toronto area (or, I suppose somewhere reasonably close) as a
GOH to a Con.  I think it has to do with some kind of addiction to
clean air. :-)

     Anyway, I promised I'd spread that piece of information as best as
I could--which is via the Net.  This is sort of a self serving favour,
I have to admit.  I'd like to meet this bunch.  They seem really nice
from all my communicating with them.  They have 2 kids and a computer,
which may just spawn another computer fairly soon.

Cheers! -- Jim O.
--
Jim Omura, 2A King George's Drive, Toronto, (416) 652-3880
ihnp4!utzoo!lsuc!jimomura

tom@utcsri.UUCP (04/18/87)

Ad Astra 7 is the obvious choice -- a Toronto con with an honourable
history and a (partial) media orientation.  Is Bjo on CompuServe?  If
so, she can reach Ad Astra at 74016,1057.  Cheers, Robert J. Sawyer
--

jimomura@lsuc.UUCP (04/19/87)

In article <4613@utcsri.UUCP> tom@utcsri.UUCP (Tom Nadas) writes:

>Ad Astra 7 is the obvious choice -- a Toronto con with an honourable
>history and a (partial) media orientation.  Is Bjo on CompuServe?  If
>so, she can reach Ad Astra at 74016,1057.  Cheers, Robert J. Sawyer
>--
>
>					Tom Nadas
>
>UUCP:   {decvax,linus,ihnp4,uw-beaver,allegra,utzoo}!utcsri!tom
>CSNET:  tom@toronto

     As far as I know she isn't on Compuserve (although she's usually
reachable through channels by almost anybody in the SF world :-).
She's one of the moderators of the 'sf' conference on BIX.  The other
moderators of the conference are Steve Brust and Al Mayer.  It's a
pretty nice group overall.  At this minute Bjo and family are buried
in EquiCon (down in California).  Things must be going well there.
There is a BIX connection under the supervision of Joanne Dow and lately
no one has logged in.  If you know JD, you know that it takes a lot
to keep her offline, so the schedule has got to be pretty amazing (ahem--
or the parties ;-).  Bjo hinted at some Japanimation stuff which I have
a special interest in.  I'm looking forward to hearing what they showed.

Cheers! -- Jim O.
--
Jim Omura, 2A King George's Drive, Toronto, (416) 652-3880
ihnp4!utzoo!lsuc!jimomura
Byte Information eXchange: jimomura

tom@utcsri.UUCP (04/20/87)

Well, I copied your posting about Bjo looking for an invitation to
Toronto and sent it, with a cover note, to Mike Wallis of Ad Astra via
his CompuServe mailbox, so at least they know now.  Cheers,
Robert J. Sawyer
c/o