[net.sf-lovers] Ignore my last message, if not too late

GUBBINS@RADC-TOPS20.ARPA (07/09/85)

From: Gern <GUBBINS@RADC-TOPS20.ARPA>

I incorrectly tried to correct Mark Leeper's posting about the
special effects to Star Wars.   John Dykstra did indeed do the effects
to Star Wars and not a pre-ILM as I had thought.

Please cancel my posting to that effect if still possible.

Thanx,
Gern
-------

leeper@mtgzz.UUCP (m.r.leeper) (07/17/85)

 from Gern:

 >I incorrectly tried to correct Mark Leeper's posting about
 >the special effects to Star Wars.   John Dykstra did indeed
 >do the effects to Star Wars and not a pre-ILM as I had
 >thought.

Dykstra and ILM both worked on the effects of the first STAR WARS.  ILM
was formed from people who worked on STAR WARS.  Whether Dykstra was a
part of ILM at that time and then left I don't know.  But you were
right in thinking ILM did the effects, and I am fairly sure one of the
techniques they used was Dykstraflex which I remember was invented for
the film.

				Mark Leeper
				...ihnp4!mtgzz!leeper