[mod.ai] Correction to correction to name of MRS

ailist@ucbvax.UUCP (02/04/86)

From: munnari!goanna.oz!wjb@seismo.CSS.GOV (Warwick Bolam)

  >Date: Thu, 23 Jan 86 17:13:58 CST
  >From: veach%ukans.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
  >Subject: Correction.
  >
  >In a recent issue the full name MRS was incorrectly reported.
  >
  >        MRS = "Modifiable Representation System"
  >
  >        (source - "MRS Manual", Michael R. Genesereth, et. al.
  >                1980, Stanford Heuristic Programming Project)

In the bibliography of the paper "Partial Programs", Michael R Genesereth,
1984, Stanford HPP:

	M. R. Genesereth, R. Greiner, D. E. Smith: "MRS - A Meta-Level
	Representation System", HPP-83-27, Stanford University HPP, 1983.

Is there anyone who REALLY knows what MRS stands for?  I have a number of
MRS documents and NONE of them says "MRS stand for ..."

Warwick Bolam,
Computing Dept, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology,
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.