[mod.ai] Abstracts of Technical Talks Published on AI-LIST

PRSPOOL@RED.RUTGERS.EDU (05/09/86)

	None of us surely, can attend all of the talks announced via the
AI-LIST.  The abstracts which appear have served as a useful pointer for
me to current research in many different areas.  I trust this has been
true for many of you as well.  These abstracts could serve this secondary
purpose even better, if those people who post these abstracts to the
network, made an effort to include two addtional pieces of information
in them:

	1)  A Computer Network address of the speaker.

	2)  One or more references to any recently published material
	    with the same, or similar content to the talk.

I know that this information would help me enormously.  I assume the
same is true of others.

		Peter R. Spool
		Department of Computer Science
		Rutgers University
		New Brunswick, NJ 08903

		PRSpool@RUTGERS.ARPA
-------

BYKAT@UTCVM.BITNET (Dr. Alex Bykat) (05/28/86)

In AIList V4 #120   Peter R.Spool writes:

>Date: 9 May 86 10:24:22 EDT
>From: PRSPOOL@RED.RUTGERS.EDU
>Subject: Abstracts of Technical Talks Published on AI-LIST
>
>        None of us surely, can attend all of the talks announced via the
>AI-LIST.  The abstracts which appear have served as a useful pointer for
>me to current research in many different areas.  I trust this has been
>true for many of you as well. These abstracts could serve this secondary
>purpose even better, if those people who post these abstracts to the
>network, made an effort to include two addtional pieces of information
>in them:
>        1)  A Computer Network address of the speaker.
>        2)  One or more references to any recently published material
>            with the same, or similar content to the talk.
>I know that this information would help me enormously.  I assume the
>same is true of others.

Let me echo Peter's request. On a number of occasions I had to bother the
speakers' hosts requesting precisely that kind of information. While many
of the hosts respond graciously and promptly, no doubt they are busy
enough without fending off such requests.

                        A. Bykat
                        Center of Excellence - Computer Applications
                        University of Tennessee
                        Chattanooga, TN 37402
Acknowledge-To: Dr. Alex Bykat <BYKAT@UTCVM>