[net.sf-lovers] obscure

chabot@miles.DEC (Sxyzyskzyik) (07/19/85)

The other day I was conversing a cartographer who posts to net.startrek for
a scribblier who's married to a photographer, when a bibliographer burst into
the room with a book that sounded unfamiliar.
_Mine-killer_ by Spike Robertson, I think it was.  Has anybody heard of this
book and know what it's about?

lschabot   ...decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-amber!chabot   chabot%amber.dec@decwrl.arpa

grady@ucbvax.ARPA (Steven Grady) (07/20/85)

In article <3199@decwrl.UUCP> chabot@miles.DEC (Sxyzyskzyik) writes:
>_Mine-killer_ by Spike Robertson, I think it was.  Has anybody heard of this
>book and know what it's about?

I think you misheard.  He probably said _Ringworld_, by Larry Niven,
and _everyone_ knows what that is.. 8-B

	Steven

msf@rayssd.UUCP (Michael S. Frank) (07/25/85)

> The other day I was conversing a cartographer who posts to net.startrek for
> a scribblier who's married to a photographer, when a bibliographer burst into
> the room with a book that sounded unfamiliar.
> _Mine-killer_ by Spike Robertson, I think it was.  Has anybody heard of this
> book and know what it's about?

> lschabot   ...decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-amber!chabot   chabot%amber.dec@decwrl.arpa

Actually, the book is called _Mindkiller_ and its by SPIDER Robinson (of
Callahan's fame).  It is really a good book (put out by TOR, I think).
If you've read _Time_Travelers_Strictly_Cash by SR, there is a story about
a burglary in it.  This is the first (or second, I can't remember) chapter
from _Mindkiller_.

WARNING: Spider Robinson is an invertebrate punster! (So slug him :-)
--

                                            Michael Frank
                                            path: rayssd!msf

Serious Quote:  "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought,
                 but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Funny Quote:    "Celibacy can be cured!"

Funnier Quote:  "Duct tape is like The Force.  It has a Light Side and a
                 Dark Side, and it holds the Universe together."

Funniest Quote: "A year spent in Artificial Intelligence is enough to
                 make one believe in God."

ix241@sdcc6.UUCP (ix241) (07/25/85)

 The novel is _Mind Killer_ by Spider Robinson
 Read it.

John Testa
UCSD Chemistry
sdcsvax!sdcc6!ix241