[mod.ai] Go

900380@UMDD.BITNET (Troy Shinbrot) (01/09/87)

Rumor has it that programs which play Go on personal computers have recently
become available.  Because Go is more complex than Chess, for example, and
because of a long standing interest in Go, I would be greatly appreciative
to anyone who can refer me to either the programs, their sources or literature
concerning Go and the programming of a computer to play same.

Thanks in advance.

- Troy Shinbrot (aka. 900380@umdd.bitnet)

vnend@ukecc.uky.CSNET (D. W. James) (01/15/87)

Forwarded by: <cbosgd!ecc.engr.uky.csnet!edward@seismo.CSS.GOV>
   "Edward C. Bennett" <ukecc!edward@seismo.CSS.GOV>

In article <8701120553.AA08679@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> 900380@UMDD.BITNET
(Troy Shinbrot) writes:
>Rumor has it that programs which play Go on personal computers have recently
>become available.

>- Troy Shinbrot (aka. 900380@umdd.bitnet)

	The one encounter that I have had with a GO program was very
disappointing. The program is titled simply "Go" and is from Hayden
Software (Sargon III, among others). I am not an experianced player,
less than 50 games vs human opponents and a little reading, and I had
no problem beating it even with a 9 stone handicap.

Later y'all,             Vnend            Ignorance is the Mother of Adventure.

UUCP:cbosgd!ukma!ukecc!vnend; or vnend@engr.uky.csnet; or cn0001dj@ukcc.BITNET