[net.sf-lovers] Peter V. Douglas

JOConnell.ES@Xerox.ARPA (07/22/85)

From: JOConnell.ES@Xerox.ARPA

Mr. Jaffe,

FYI - This excerpt is taken from the Monday, July 22, 1985 edition of
the Los Angeles Times. It is in an article by Times Staff writer Deborah
Caulfield. The article is an interview with producer Peter Vincent
Douglas ("Fletch", "The Final Countdown", "Something Wicked This Way
Comes").

-------

"In addition, he has projects in various stages at various studios,
although many share a common genre--science fiction.

"'I really (italicized) love science fiction,' he confessed. 'I just got
my first writing assignment at (20th Century) Fox to do a remake of "The
Day The Earth Stood Still", plus Michael Phillips ("Close Encounters of
the Third Kind") and I are working on a space comedy for Columbia and
"The End of Eternity" (based on an Isaac Asimov story) at Tri-Star.'

"Douglas paused for a moment, perhaps a bit surprised at the number of
projects, then reiterated, 'I cannot tell you what a pleasure it is to
finally be on my own.'"

End of excerpt.
-------

Jim O'Connell (JOConnell.es@Xerox)

chrisa@azure.UUCP (Chris Andersen) (07/26/85)

> [ Peter Vincent Douglas in an interview ]
>
>"'I really (italicized) love science fiction,' he confessed. 'I just got
>my first writing assignment at (20th Century) Fox to do a remake of "The
>Day The Earth Stood Still",

AUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Why must Hollywood refuse to leave a good thing well enough alone??????

Chris Andersen
--
tektronix!azure!chrisa