[net.sf-lovers] Star Trek & Grace Lee Whitney

duane@anasazi.UUCP (Duane Morse) (07/22/85)

Most of you Star Trek fans are probably aware that Yeoman Janice Rand
(Grace Lee Whitney) appeared in Star Trek I, promoted to Transporter
Technician. I saw Star Trek III for the second time last night, and I
caught something that I missed the first time around. Ms. Whitney was
in Star Trek III: she was the barmaid who talked to McCoy!
--

Duane Morse	...!noao!terak!anasazi!duane
(602) 275-0302

demillo@uwmacc.UUCP (Rob DeMillo) (07/25/85)

> Most of you Star Trek fans are probably aware that Yeoman Janice Rand
> (Grace Lee Whitney) appeared in Star Trek I, promoted to Transporter
> Technician. I saw Star Trek III for the second time last night, and I
> caught something that I missed the first time around. Ms. Whitney was
> in Star Trek III: she was the barmaid who talked to McCoy!
> --
>
> Duane Morse	...!noao!terak!anasazi!duane
> (602) 275-0302

I made the same discovery this week also, except I didn't recognize
her...I saw her name in the credits.

I wonder what she thought about the demotion from transporter chief
to barmaid?

--
                           --- Rob DeMillo
                               Madison Academic Computer Center

                 /
               =|--
               = \
               =
             [][][]

"...I don't know what this thing does, but it's pointing in your direction."

sdl@mitre-bedford (07/28/85)

From: sdl@Mitre-Bedford

   >>Ms. Whitney was in Star Trek III: she was the barmaid who talked to
   >>McCoy!

Grace Lee Whitney was in Star Trek III, all right, but not as the
barmaid.  (According to the closing credits, that part was played by
Sharon Thomas.)  Ms. Whitney was the woman in the restaurant who stood
up to watch (and reminisce) as the Enterprise pulled in to dock.

Steven Litvintchouk
(617)271-7753

Shiffman@GODZILLA.SCH.Symbolics.COM (07/29/85)

From: Hank Shiffman <Shiffman@GODZILLA.SCH.Symbolics.COM>

    From: anasazi!duane@topaz.arpa (Duane Morse)
    Date: 22 Jul 85 14:15:07 GMT

    Most of you Star Trek fans are probably aware that Yeoman Janice
    Rand (Grace Lee Whitney) appeared in Star Trek I, promoted to
    Transporter Technician. I saw Star Trek III for the second time last
    night, and I caught something that I missed the first time around.
    Ms. Whitney was in Star Trek III: she was the barmaid who talked to
    McCoy!

    Duane Morse     ...!noao!terak!anasazi!duane
    (602) 275-0302

Fraid not.  She was sitting in the lounge when Enterprise came into the
space dock.  The waitress was a different person entirely.