[mod.telecom] Data Access Lines

smb@ULYSSES.BTL.CSNET (10/25/85)

	From: crash!scotto@SDCSVAX.ARPA
	Date: Tue, 22 Oct 85 11:47:53 PDT
	Subject: DATA ACCESS LINE

	Pacific Bell has a new service, thought I would relay it to Telecom.

					DATA ACCESS LINE

	DATA ACCESS LINE:

	Provides a needed customer service, a "cleaner line", for faster,
	more reliable communication over the switched network.

	Data Access Line is available on a measured basis only, where
	measuring capability exists.

"Measured basis only".  Now we see the real motivation...

newton%cit-vlsi@CIT-VAX.ARPA (Mike Newton) (10/27/85)

Another fine point in the Pacific Bell flyer regarding their new data
service was a section saying they would no longer respond to complaints
from non-Data-Access-Line customers regarding data transmission quality.

-mike