[net.sf-lovers] Science Fiction Westerns

chabot@miles.DEC (Sxyzyskzyik) (07/22/85)

"Westworld" is obvious, and "Star Wars" is good too, but "Outland" was really
"High Noon" with a few changes and fancy sets.  There are also Star Trek
episodes (and it's amazing how many distant planets look like Vasquez Rocks)
& novels that are westerns.

L S Chabot   ...decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-amber!chabot   chabot%amber.dec@decwrl.arpa

jmc@inset.UUCP (John Collins) (08/02/85)

In article <3240@decwrl.UUCP> chabot@miles.DEC (Sxyzyskzyik) writes:
>"Westworld" is obvious, and "Star Wars" is good too, but "Outland" was really
>"High Noon" with a few changes and fancy sets.  There are also Star Trek
>episodes (and it's amazing how many distant planets look like Vasquez Rocks)
>& novels that are westerns.

I have thought that since about 1969 when I used to watch "Star Trek" on
Wednesdays and "The Virginian" on Fridays on BBC TV. I thought then:

	SAME					DIFFERENT

	Plot					Props
	Fact you can guess plot in <5 mins
	from start
	Time of showing
	Duration
	Good guys win (& survive to next week)
	(Quite often) Actors!
	etc

Nothing new under the Sun (even when it isn't `THE' sun)....
--
John M Collins		....mcvax!ist!inset!jmc
Phone:	+44 727 57267