[net.sf-lovers] Sheri Tepper.

simon@warwick.UUCP (Simon Forth) (08/02/85)

In article <111@rtp47.UUCP> throopw@rtp47.UUCP (Wayne Throop) writes:
>I just bought and read the second of the Mavin Manyshaped novels.

>Has anybody read "The Revenants"?  Is it as worthwhile as the True Game
>series?

>Wayne Throop at Data General, RTP, NC

I have read the revenants and I would say that it is a book that is as good
as the True game books, though it has a very different theme and has very
little in common with the True Game books. If you want to get a different
look at the works of Sheri Tepper then read the revenants.

Without giving anything away I can say that unlike the True game books the
story has a number (7 I think ) main characters, and If my memory serves me
the story is told from the point of each of the Main characters for part of
the time.
THis is a book that I would recommend, though dont expect another True Game
book.

			Simon.

--
Simon Forth. Dept of Computing. University of Warwick. Coventry CV4 7AL. UK
   {various backbone sites in US}!mcvax!ukc!warwick!simon