[net.sf-lovers] Music AND Science Fiction - Battlefield Earth

root@bang.UUCP (07/28/85)

From: <bang!root@Nosc>

L. Ron Hubbards latest epic;  "Battle Field Earth" comes complete
with ads for the 'dynamic' musical score that he wrote for
the book.  I guess you're supposed to play the record while
reading the novel.

Has anyone heard the music?  Is it any good?  The book itself was
mediocre, I can guess what the music must be like.

Bret Marquis
bang!bam@NOSC

dts@gitpyr.UUCP (Danny Sharpe) (08/02/85)

In article <2971@topaz.ARPA> root@bang.UUCP writes:
>L. Ron Hubbards latest epic;  "Battle Field Earth" comes complete
>with ads for the 'dynamic' musical score that he wrote for
>the book.  I guess you're supposed to play the record while
>reading the novel.
>
>Has anyone heard the music?  Is it any good?  The book itself was
>mediocre, I can guess what the music must be like.

I've got the album.  I ordered it from the ad in a friend's book
because it listed Chick Corea as one of the performers.

I don't have anything good to say about it.  I've put it in my
musical humor collection next to the Temple City Kazoo Orchestra
album.  It's not something to be taken seriously.

I had next to no desire to read the book, having dismissed it as
trivial space opera.  After hearing the album I have even less desire
to read it.

                                        -Danny

--
-- CAUTION: WET FLOOR    <== Is this a warning or a command? --

Danny Sharpe
School of ICS
...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!dts