[mod.computers.sequent] languages for Balances

info-sequent-request@im4u.UUCP (03/04/86)

From: jsq@zotz.UTEXAS.EDU (John Quarterman)

[ I thought I posted this on the author's request a week ago,
but it evidently slipped through the cracks.  -mod ]

Date: Fri, 21 Feb 86 14:33:15 CST
>From: ut-sally!seismo!uiucdcs!b.CS.UIUC.EDU!mcnabb (David McNabb)
To: im4u.ARPA!info-sequent-request, b.CS.UIUC.EDU!mcnabb
Subject: languages for sequent

Do you have any information on which languages are currently available
for the sequent, and/or how to go about obtaining them?  Pointers to such
information, or suggestions on where to post requests for such info, or
pointers to pointers to ... (ad nauseum) ... would be greatly appreciated.

I will soon be teaching the UIUC "Programming Languages Principles" course
(which involves having students solve MPs in 6-10 different programming
languages over the course of the semester), and I would VERY MUCH prefer to
teach this on the local sequent, rather than the cyber 175.  Unfortunately,
the local cyber still has the best selection of languages (all working well).
I will be teaching the course (CS325) here this summer, so I don't have much
time to beat bugs out of a flaky implementation - hence I am only interested
in language ports which have a reasonable chance of quick and painless
installation.  Can you help me out with this?  Thanks in advance, and please
feel free to pass this along to anyone else who you think might be able and
willing to send me words of advice on this problem.

        David McNabb

        Department of Computer Science
        USENET:	...!{cmcl2,seismo,ihnp4}!uiucdcs!mcnabb
        ARPA:	mcnabb@a.cs.uiuc.edu
        CSNET:	mcnabb@uiuc