[mod.computers.sequent] commercial multiprocessor systems

info-sequent-request@ut-sally.UUCP (07/16/86)

Date: Mon, 14 Jul 86 17:59:01 cdt
From: saha@NGP.UTEXAS.EDU (avijit saha )
>Newsgroups: net.arch,net.micro,mod.computers,mod.computers.68k,mod.computers.masscomp,mod.computers.pyramid,mod.computers.ridge,mod.computers.sequent

I am writing  a survey paper on commercial multiprocessor systems for a mini-
micro conference. I would be greatly obliged if you could provide me with
any information on any commercial multiprocessor system(s) you are familiar
with. The information I am looking for includes:

- make
- type , shared memory or message passing
- MIPs
- cost
- cache coherence techniques, memory size, memory management
- processors ( number used and type )
- topology ( interconnect schemes )
- any special features that you are aware of
- any other information you think might be of use

If you have brochures, references to other articles, or any other
pointers/comments, I would like to have them!

I would be glad to share any information that I receive.

Thanks in advance!

          -  avi

info-sequent-request@ut-sally.UUCP (07/16/86)

[ This was sent to info-sequent-request, so I'm assuming
the poster didn't want his name known.  It's somebody
who should know about such things, though.  -mod ]

See the Argonne report by Dongarra and Duff. I believe
it has the information you are in search of.

J.J. Dongarra and I.S. Duff, Advanced Architecture Computers,
ANL-MCS-TM-57, October, 1985.