[net.sf-lovers] "Five Million Years to Earth"

mooremj@EGLIN-VAX (08/01/85)

From: mooremj@EGLIN-VAX

The film identified as "The Devil of Hobbs End" is actually "Five Million
Years to Earth" [not "20,000,000 Miles to Earth", which is another film
entirely], and was originally titled "Quatermass and the Pit".  It is one
of three films featuring the hero (from BBC) Professor Bernard Quatermass.
The Prof is played by Andrew Keir in "5M Years"; in the other movies,
("Enemy from Space" and "The Creeping Unknown") he was played by Brian
Donlevy.  "5M Years" is one of the best and scariest low-budget SF films of
all time.  I highly recommend it -- but not alone or late at night.

                                   marty moore (mooremj@eglin-vax.arpa)

jeffh@brl-sem.ARPA (the Shadow) (08/05/85)

In article <3035@topaz.ARPA> mooremj@EGLIN-VAX writes:
> ...  "5M Years" is one of the best and scariest low-budget SF films of
>all time.  I highly recommend it -- but not alone or late at night.
>
>                                   marty moore (mooremj@eglin-vax.arpa)

I saw it (about a week ago) alone AND late at night.  I think that may
be the best way to see it if you really want to get the full effect.
(Though the commercials did detract somewhat from the continuity.)
Not one of my all-time favorite movies, but definitely worth seeing.

			"In the next life, you're on your own."

				the Shadow
				ARPA:	<jeffh@brl>
				UUCP:	{seismo,decvax}!brl!jeffh