[mod.computers.ridge] Prolog on Ridge

bogstad@HOPKINS-EECS-BRAVO.ARPA ("William J. Bogstad") (11/08/85)

Date: Thu, 7 Nov 85 16:05:01 EST
From: "Wayne R Dyksen" <wrd@Purdue.EDU>
To: info-ridge-request@hopkins-eecs-bravo.arpa
Subject: Prolog on Ridge

I am currently developing an expert system for solving elliptic
partial differential equations.  I would like to know if anyone
has ported a copy of Prolog successfully to a Ridge.  I have tried
porting CProlog without much success.  Any help (i.e. a working
Prolog) would be appreciated.

Wayne Dyksen (wrd@purdue)
Dept. of Computer Sciences, Purdue University

klein@ridge.UUCP (11/11/85)

There is currently at least one version of Prolog running on the
Ridge.  This is C-Prolog from the University of Edinburgh, England.
It was licensed to and ported by a customer in Los Angeles at
the Jet Propulsion Lab.  We are currently evaluating other versions
of Prolog and I would be interested in hearing from anyone that has
a preference or any experience with a particular version.

Also in the area of AI languages, a version of OPS-5 was recently
ported to the Ridge also.  This is available from a company in
Texas, ArtellIgence, Inc.  The full address:

	14902 Preston Rd.
	Suite 212-252
	Dallas, Texas  75240
	(214) 437-0361

Any questions or input on Prolog may be addressed to me:

	Doug Klein
	ridge!klein
	2451 Mission College Blvd
	Santa Clara, CA  95054
	(408) 986-8500

bogstad@HOPKINS-EECS-BRAVO.ARPA ("William J. Bogstad") (11/12/85)

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 85 18:00:20 -0100
From: ucdavis!lll-crg!seismo!mcvax!inria!kahn@ucbvax.berkeley.edu (Gilles Kahn)
To: lll-crg!hopkins-eecs-bravo.arpa!bogstad
Subject: Prolog on Ridge, re: Wayne R Dyksen

I do not understand your difficulties. I ported CProlog in a few
minutes from the Edinburgh tape, several months ago. If
I remember, only two things were needed: the flag IEEE had to
be set, and the routine that gives elapsed time had to be adjusted
to the Ridge's own way of keeping track of time. Completely
routine stuff.. Try again,  it works and well.
					Gilles Kahn

bogstad@HOPKINS-EECS-BRAVO.ARPA ("William J. Bogstad") (11/12/85)

Date: Tue, 12 Nov 85 01:42:03 -0100
From: Pete Delaney <mcvax!unido!ecrcvax!pete@seismo.CSS.GOV>
To: bogstad@HOPKINS-EECS-BRAVO.ARPA
Subject: Re: [Wayne R Dyksen:  Prolog on Ridge]
Newsgroups: mod.computers.ridge

We have prolog running on the Ridge.  I believe it's C-prolog.

Pete Delaney - Rocky Mnt. Unix Consultant	Phone: (49) 89 92699-139
European Computer-Industry Research Center 	UUCP: mcvax!unido!ecrcvax!pete
ArabellaStrasse 17 				UUCP Domain: pete@ecrcvax.UUCP
D-8000 Muenchen 81, West Germany 		X25: (262)-45890040262
CSNET:pete%ecrcvax.UUCP@Germany.CSNET		     Login: <to be provided?>

bogstad@HOPKINS-EECS-BRAVO.ARPA ("William J. Bogstad") (11/12/85)

Date: Tue, 12 Nov 85 09:30:45 EST
From: "Wayne R Dyksen" <wrd@Purdue.EDU>
To: bogstad@hopkins-eecs-bravo.arpa
Subject: Re: Prolog on Ridge

What version of CProlog do you have.  I am working with version 1.2.

Wayne Dyksen