[net.sf-lovers] BTTF:Production Design

Boebert.SCOMP@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA (07/29/85)

From: Boebert@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA

...a real class act, making the sets a character in the movie.  Dr.
Brown's 1955 mansion is an architectural classic, the Greene & Greene
bungalow in Pasadena.  Does anybody know which town they redecorated?
(I would have used Watsonville, but that isn't it).

psc@lzwi.UUCP (Paul S. R. Chisholm) (07/31/85)

In article <2984@topaz.ARPA>, Boebert.SCOMP@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA writes:
>                        Does anybody know which town they redecorated?

I hate to tell you this, but the downtown area in BACK TO THE FUTURE
looked a lot like the generic downtown in the Universal studios lot.

srt@ucla-cs.UUCP (08/06/85)

In article <218@lzwi.UUCP> psc@lzwi.UUCP (Paul S. R. Chisholm) writes:
>In article <2984@topaz.ARPA>, Boebert.SCOMP@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA writes:
>>       Does anybody know which town they redecorated?
>
>I hate to tell you this, but the downtown area in BACK TO THE FUTURE
>looked a lot like the generic downtown in the Universal studios lot.

Having been on the lot the day I saw the movie, I can answer this definitively:
The downtown scenes from BTTF were shot on the "Town Square" lot at Universal.
Incidentally, the cats on either side of the clock are the same ones used
in the remake of "Cat People".

                                                        -- Scott