[net.sf-lovers] Wyndham novel "Re-Birth"

interrante@iagvax.decnet (08/05/85)

From: IAGVAX::INTERRANTE <interrante@iagvax.decnet>

[don't panic if the line-eater gets you...]

> From: infopro!david@topaz.arpa (David Fiedler)
> Jefferson Airplane fanatics may or may not know that most of the
> lyrics from the song "Crown of Creation" were taken from the
> wonderful John Wyndham novel "Re-Birth".

I haven't ever heard of "Re-Birth," but I read a novel by Mr. ? McIntosh,
"Flight from Rebirth." I liked it enough to reread it once. It seems to be
an expansion of a story in one of Issac Asimov's Hugo Winners anthologies.
Suppose you could be reborn as a young child if you were valuable enough
to society. What if you DIDN'T want to be reborn, but society insisted
that you did? That's what one man is trying to escape. Any similarities
with the Wyndham novel?
------

webber@utcs.UUCP (R. D. Webber) (08/07/85)

under the title "The Chrysalids".  Quite a good novel under either name.