Date: Thu 13 Feb 86 10:08:20-PST
From: Richard M. Alderson <INFO-MAC-REQUEST@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA>
Subject: Changes

As everyone will no doubt be pleased to learn, there will be a new
moderator taking over the Info-Mac Digest in the next couple of days.  I
will be meeting with him tomorrow, 13 Feb 86, to show him how to produce
the digests, and I'm sure he'll send out his own announcement as well.

I have continually promised to clean up the backlog of submissions; that
will still be my responsibility, but I will have help in doing so.  Thanks
to everyone who offered aid in the past months.

Also, I have neglected to announce previously that the Info-Mac archives
are receiving two similar digests, Delphi Digest and Usenet Digest, provi-
ded by Jeffrey Shulman of Rutgers.  DELPHI is a commercial firm similar to
The Source and CompuServe; Usenet is a phone-based point-to-point network
of Unix (trademark of AT&T) systems.  Both have active Macintosh user
commu- nities.  These are available for FTP to Internet sites from SUMEX,
in the <INFO-MAC> directory.  The file names are, respectively,
DELPHI.DIGEST and USENET.DIGEST.  In return, Jeff posts the Info-Mac
digests to DELPHI.

Jeff has also contributed the Apple, Inc., Technical Notes to our archives,
with the permission of Apple, Inc.  These can be found in the series of
files TN*.HQX in the same directory.  [NB:  The * is a wildcard convention
in the TOPS-20 operating system (trademark of DEC).]

I will leave further news to the new moderator.  Thank you all for your
continued support of this digest, even in the face of adversity.  I enjoyed
my term as moderator.

								Rich Alderson
								Moderator

End of INFO-MAC Digest