Date: Fri, 6 Dec 85 00:18:57 EST
From: jtkohl@athena.mit.edu (John T. Kohl)
To: scribe-hacks@utah-cs.ARPA
Subject: LN01 fonts and downloading
Us-Snail: Room A301, 4 Ames St, Cambridge, MA
Zip-Code: 02139

[I don't know that this really belongs on scribe-hacks, but I can't
think of anywhere else I'll get a response]

We have several LN01's distributed over our campus connected to VAXen
running UNIX 4.2/4.3 BSD.  Unfortunately, we do not usually use them for
font capabilities, since we cannot seem to get some of them to download
fonts.  Some of the printers are on serial lines, with a "Black-box"
serial to parallel converter between the line and the printer.  These
will do fonts with no problems.  We also have some on parallel
interfaces.  These are the ones giving problems.  They will not
recognize the font load code, and end up throwing away the data which
contains the font, and continues with the next job.  Other than the
interface, there is absolutely no difference between the printer setups.

Has anyone run into similar problems or gotten LN01's to load fonts over