[net.sf-lovers] Green Hills of Earth

xchar (10/31/82)

I was amazed to learn that C.L. Moore mentioned "The Green Hills
of Earth" in 1933.  I had always assumed that Heinlein based
that title on Hemingway's "The Green Hills of Africa," which
was published in 1935.
    --Charlie Harris, Bell Labs, Murray Hill     (rabbit!xchar)

gdh@dcl-cs.UUCP (Gareth Husk) (07/24/85)

>BTW, Does anyone have the complete lyrics of Heinlein's "Green Hills of Earth"
>Thanks.
>
>Aline
>-------
The only place the words to "The Green..." occurs is in the book published
by Pan ( in UK ) called "the Green Hills of Earth " and even in the story
about Rhysling some of the verses are only mentioned not quoted. But if its
been published in the  states I'd be interested as well.

--
" I'm at the bottom of a deep , dark , hole looking up .... what does
  this remind me of ? ... oh yes ... LIFE . "

UUCP:  ...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!gdh
DARPA: gdh%lancs.comp@ucl-cs	| Post: University of Lancaster,
JANET: gdh@uk.ac.lancs.comp	|	Department of Computing,
Phone: +44 524 65201 ext 4146	|	Bailrigg, Lancaster, LA1 4YR, UK.

chris@que.UUCP (Chris DeVoney) (08/03/85)

> >BTW, Does anyone have the complete lyrics of Heinlein's "Green Hills of Earth"

I think the story appears in his _Past_Through_Tommarrow_ book which was
published in the U.S. I also think the entire lyrics do not appear in this
story.

--
Chris DeVoney				voice: 317/842-7162
Que Corporation				uucp:  ihnp4!inuxc!que!chris

#include <trademarks.all && disclaimer.all> /* you know what these are for */

SIGEL%umass-cs.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa (08/07/85)

From: ANDREW SIGEL <SIGEL%umass-cs.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa>

Only portions of the song appear in the short story of the same name as
printed in the collection of the same name (published by Signet) and in
"The Past Through Tomorrow", which contains all of the "Future History"
stories but one.  The song is also a filksong, and as such must appear in
one or more of the published filksong hymnals, but whether they have the
complete lyrics I have no idea.  Any filker out there who knows?

peter@baylor.UUCP (Peter da Silva) (08/08/85)

The complete lyrics are in filthy peirre's songbook. You can almost certainly
get them from someone at any con, or if you never go to science fiction
conventions I MAY be persuaded into posting them. Send lots of software :->.
--
	Peter da Silva (the mad Australian)
		UUCP: ...!shell!neuro1!{hyd-ptd,baylor,datafac}!peter