[net.sf-lovers] Juanita Coulson

4CCVAX..PDUQUETTE@ymir.ARPA (07/15/85)

From: Will Duquette <engvax!ymir!4CCVAX..PDUQUETTE@cit-vax>

>Has anyone heard of two books (I think) written by Juanita Coulson
>.... They are "Hiero's Journey" and "A Forsaken Hiero".

To begin with, these excellent books were written by Sterling Lanier
and not by Juanita Coulson (I have never read any of her books --
any comments on them?), and the titles are "Hiero's Journey" and
"The Unforsaken Hiero".  No, there are no other books out about
Per Hiero Desteen at this point, though it is possible that Lanier
is working on a new one.  It took him about 8-10 years (I don't
remember exactly) to get to the second one, so I wouldn't hold my
breath.  I believe the title "The Unforsaken Hiero" stems from the
fact that Lanier finally got around to finishing it.

The books have some interesting twists on psychic powers that I
found quite interesting (different wavelengths, etc.).  BTW,
Lanier has written another book called "Menace Under Marswood"
which was also a good time.

					Will Duquette

barryg@sdcrdcf.UUCP (Lee Gold) (07/18/85)

To the best of my recollection, David McDaniel informed me that
Man from U.N.C.L.E. books #11 and #12 (by "Thomas Stratton") featuring
colorless Wisconsin margarine as one of the plot elements--had actually
been written by Buck and Juanita Coulson.

--Lee Gold

boyajian%akov68.DEC@decwrl.ARPA (08/09/85)

From: boyajian%akov68.DEC@decwrl.ARPA  (JERRY BOYAJIAN)

> From: sdcrdcf!barryg@topaz.arpa (Lee Gold)

> To the best of my recollection, David McDaniel informed me that Man
> from U.N.C.L.E. books #11 and #12 (by "Thomas Stratton") featuring
> colorless Wisconsin margarine as one of the plot elements--had
> actually been written by Buck and Juanita Coulson.

Every reference that I've seen on "Thomas Stratton" states that "he"
is Robert "Buck" Coulson and Gene DeWeese, not Coulson and his wife
Juanita. "Thomas" is DeWeese's first name (Eugene is actually his
middle name) and "Stratton" is Coulson's middle name.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}
	!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA

<"Bibliography is my business">