[mod.computers.laser-printers] Submission for mod.computers.laser-printers

6090617@PUCC.BITNET (Robert L. Wald) (07/04/86)

Newsgroups:  mod.computers.laser-printers
Subject: Postscript Generator for RSTS?
Date: Friday, 4-Jul-86 02:52:36 EDT
Userid: 6090617

  I am trying to find out if there is a word processor that runs under
Rsts v8.0 which can generate postscript output. THe situation is
that my old school is putting in a Mac Cluster and wants to be able to
generate laser output from their old PDP-11/44  on a LaserWriter.
The PDP has no networking, so it would use a switch to connect the
printer to either the Appletalk or directly to the PDP (unless there
is a better way which doesn't get expensive). At present they
have no word processor. Thanks.

Date: Monday, 15-Sep-86 18:39:31 EDT
Userid: D0430

We will be running a 3812 printer from an IBM RT, using IBM's 4.2.
Does anyone know about postscript-like interfaces to this engine?
thanks

Paul Lansky  uucp  princeton!winnie!paul
          bitnet   d0430@uucp