[mod.computers.laser-printers] PostScript in X?

furuta@BRILLIG.UMD.EDU.UUCP (02/17/87)

As long as messages are getting forwarded back and forth between lists...

	From: Don Hopkins <don@brillig.umd.edu>
	To: wohler@spam.istc.sri.com
	Cc: xpert@athena.mit.edu, NeWS-makers@brillig.umd.edu
	Subject: PostScript in X?

	   Date: Mon, 16 Feb 87 09:40:34 -0800
	   From: Bill Wohler <wohler@spam.istc.sri.com>

	     anyone there know anything about this?  i'm curious as well.

						   --bw

		   ----- Forwarded message follows -----
	   While spying NeWS at the Sun booth at UniForum I heard various rumors
	   about a PostScript previewer for X from abobe. I would be dearly interested
	   in such a beast, but I had no response to a query I sent to adobe. Does
	   anyone have any more info/specs on this thing?

	   Thanks,
	   Trevor Darrell
	   trevor@linc.cis.upenn.edu  |  trevor@grasp.cis.upenn.edu  |  (215) 898-5617
	   Systems Programmer, Computer Science Research Computing
	   University of Pennsylvania CIS dept. 200 S. 33rd st. Philadelphia, PA 19104
	   ------- End of Forwarded Message

	I asked someone at the Sun booth at Uniforum about that, and they said
	that the PostScript that Adobe announced they were working on for X was
	a single threaded PostScript previewer.

		-Don