[mod.computers.laser-printers] NOTE from BULLETIN

BULLETIN@AWIWUW11.BITNET (03/17/87)

Date: 16 March 1987, 23:11:19 WUT
From: BULLETIN at AWIWUW11
To:   LASER-LOVERS at WARD.CS.WASHINGTON
Subject: Software supporting the IBM 3812

Hi Netland.

We (University of Economics in Vienna, Austria, Europe)
are happy user of a 3812 IBM pageprinter that is connected
to IBM-PCs. Mainly we use it to print documents created by
DisplayWrite 3. We would be happy to get either driver for a
decent graphic output or the information which products
support the printer in a better way than in the Epson-like
dot-matrixprinter emulation (IBM 5152-2 graphics printer).
It would be great to get 3812 drivers for programs like
Framework II, MS-Chart, Autocad or desktop publishing software
running on a PC (eg. TeX dvi-driver).

Other points of our wish-list are:
- a better font management system to configurate the printer-diskette
  in an easier way
- a pixel-font editor that allows to copy at least the bitmaps of
  existing characters
- something like a pmp macro assembler

We are happy to get hints of any kind.

Oskar & Gustaf