[net.sf-lovers] Mix of science and magic

bnw@crash.UUCP (08/07/85)

From: <crash!bnw@Nosc>

>while waiting for a D&D game to start the other night, several of
>us were discussing the interface between technology/science and
>magic.  The only novel we could come up with that really treated
>the CO-existence of the two (as opposed to the existence of one
>through the other) was OPERATION CHAOS by ... ?

     Empire of the East  by  Fred Saberhagen
                                                         /Bruce N. Wheelock/
                        arpanet: crash!bnw@ucsd
                           uucp: {ihnp4, cbosgd, sdcsvax, noscvax}!crash!bnw

peter@baylor.UUCP (Peter da Silva) (08/12/85)

> >magic.  The only novel we could come up with that really treated
> >the CO-existence of the two (as opposed to the existence of one
> >through the other) was OPERATION CHAOS by ... ?

Poul Anderson.

>      Empire of the East  by  Fred Saberhagen

That's the existence of magic through technoloxDgy.
--
	Peter da Silva (the mad Australian)
		UUCP: ...!shell!neuro1!{hyd-ptd,baylor,datafac}!peter