[mod.computers.apollo] Can we modify colors 0, and 7-15 in direct mode?

miner@ulowell.cs.ulowell.edu@apollo.UUCP (03/01/87)

We are working on imge processing software for an 8-bit plane  system
and would like to use direct mode.  One problem we have with direct mode
is that we have not been able to modifiy look up table locations
0, and 7-15.  According to the manual these lut locations are reservered
by the system for rendering the windows etc.  Is there a way that we can
by-pass GPR's hand-holding and modify these colors?
--
Rich Miner !ulowell!miner Cntr for Productivity Enhancement 617-452-5000x2693

peterson@UTAH-CS.ARPA.UUCP (03/03/87)

The DM reads the file /sys/dm/color_map at boot time to decide what these
colors are.  Unfortunatly, I don't know of a way to change them on the fly...

miner@ulowell.cs.ulowell.EDU (Richard Miner) (03/13/87)

In article <1114@ulowell.cs.ulowell.edu> miner@ulowell.cs.ulowell.edu@apollo.UUCP (Richard Miner) writes:
>We are working on imge processing software for an 8-bit plane  system
>and would like to use direct mode.  One problem we have with direct mode
>is that we have not been able to modifiy look up table locations
>0, and 7-15.

To answer my own question: SR9.5, which has not been released yet, will allow
you to write to any location in the LUT.

If you may be interested in beta-testing our Image Kernel System IKS, system
software please send mail.  We will probably not be shipping beta copies for
about 2 months but I would like to start a mailing list of interested parties.
--
Rich Miner  ULowell-Cntr for Productivity  !ulowell!miner  617-452-5000x2693