[mod.computers.apollo] DN300 on the way out??

mishkin%UUCP@apollo.UUCP.UUCP (04/02/87)

    In a recent conversation with a Mentor Graphics App-Engineer,
    he mentioned that past Aegis 10.0, Apollo would no longer
    support the DN300 workstation.

This is simply NOT TRUE.  Apollo has no plans to eliminate support for
the DN300.  I have no idea what Mentor's plans are.

                -- Nat Mishkin
                   Apollo Computer Inc.
-------

mishkin@apollo.UUCP.UUCP (04/03/87)

[[Sorry for those of you receiving this twice -- one of those small mail
  system problems...]]

    In a recent conversation with a Mentor Graphics App-Engineer,
    he mentioned that past Aegis 10.0, Apollo would no longer
    support the DN300 workstation.

This is simply NOT TRUE.  Apollo has no plans to eliminate support for
the DN300.  I have no idea what Mentor's plans are.

                -- Nat Mishkin
                   Apollo Computer Inc.
-------

Giebelhaus@HI-MULTICS.ARPA.UUCP (04/03/87)

I'm glad to see Nat saying that it is not true.  It simply would not be
in the spirit of the Apollo machine.  Anything written for one machine
will run on any other machine Apollo has ever made (except, of course,
programs compiled to take advantage of special hardware).

This is really impressive; especially when you look at companies like
Symbolics that just released a "Genera" that was not upwardly compatible
or Sun that keeps seperate directories around for the 68010 and the
68020.