[net.sf-lovers] THE ROAD TO CORLAY and sequel

boyajian%akov68.DEC@decwrl.ARPA (08/09/85)

From: boyajian%akov68.DEC@decwrl.ARPA  (JERRY BOYAJIAN)

> From:	dcl-cs!gdh

> Yet more examples of music/ian being a dominant theme in
> an SF/F novel are :-
> (i) 'Piper at the Gates of Dawn'  (Short story)
> (ii) 'The Road to Corley'
>
> Both are by Richard Cowper and are published by Pan in the UK.
> I think 'Piper...' is in a book called 'The Guardians' I'd
> appreciate help in finding a copy of this as I really
> enjoyed the story.

The US edition of THE ROAD TO CORLAY (which is graced by an
absolutely beautiful cover painting by Don Maitz) includes
"Piper at the Gates of Dawn" (one of my favorite stories of
All Time) as a rather lengthy prologue.

> From: lah%ucbmiro@Berkeley (1st Lt. RYN Leigh Ann Hussey)

> There's a SEQUEL??  Title?  Date?

> Yet you say the sequel isn't as good?

The sequel is A DREAM OF KINSHIP, published by Timescape Books.
I can't recall the exact date (my copy is packed away right now),
but it was somewhen circa 1982, I think.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}
	!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA

<"Bibliography is my business">

chabot@miles.DEC (All God's chillun got guns) (08/14/85)

>but it was somewhen circa 1982, I think.
I can correct this------------^
by looking at my copy.

_A_Dream_of_Kinship_, Richard Cowper, copyright 1981 by Colin Murray,
	first Timescape printing August 1981, ISBN 0-671-43304-0

I'm sorry to say I didn't like it as much, and I didn't finish it so maybe
it gets better!  Also, the cover's not as nice as _The_Road_to_Corlay_--
don't think it's Maitz, either, but I can't see a signature so I can't tell.

L S Chabot   ...decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-amber!chabot   chabot%amber.dec@decwrl.arpa